We’re constantly conscientious about the impact we have on the planet and the purchasing decisions we make. As a result, we’re inspired by quality natural materials, movers & shakers of handmade craft and honest design. We’ve always stuck to our roots of creating beautifully finished handmade objects and simple design solutions for the home. Our products are made from sustainable woods right here in Australia. Staying mindful is the key – and this time of year should be no different. Here are some of our our tips for decorating and celebrating Christmas in a creative and conscious fashion:
- Buy quality items to last
- Shop locally: support your local community, local craftspeople, designers and small businesses!
- Shop second hand for vintage / unique kitsch decorations
- Use your hands and get hand-crafting: there are stacks of tutorials and templates you can find online to get you started. See our previous blogposts for inspiration.
- Research sustainable products and materials: involve natural materials for that rustic / fresh feel – think sustainable woods, clay, yarn, organic fabrics, sea shells, pine cones, native plants and flowers
- If you have kids, get them involved for a fun crafternoon activity
- Up cycle
- Incorporate decorations from previous years for a fresh feel
- Refresh decorations from previous years by giving them a little facelift: a fresh lick of paint, watercolours or adding some glitter
- Energy efficient LED lighting
- Limit plastic, packaging and cheap disposables
- Recycle and redecorate wrapping paper / packaging / gift boxes
- Simplicity: less is more
This Christmas, remember to watch the waste – everything we use, buy and discard everyday makes an impact. ‘Tis the season for giving, so give a little back to the Earth what you have taketh during this year’s passed. We hope these tips get you inspired this season.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and festive season, from the One Two Tree family to yours.