Yay! You’ve finally got your Christmas Tree from us. Now, it’s time to brighten it up with some of our beautifully crafted decorations that we’ve made this year.
It’s been a long time coming but we finally came around to making our very own ornaments. They sit neatly and perfectly on the top of each branch of your One Two Tree Christmas Tree. It’s just the ultimate pairing!
We’ve got a range of wooden decorations made from our sustainable Hoop pine and Tasmanian oak to adorn your Christmas Tree. Get the whole fam to have some fun and decorate the trees with our cute wooden decorations. We have two cute decoration sets appropriate for the festive season: Santa and Bauble.
Our popular Bauble Set is available in seven Australian-themed shades. While our Santa Set is available as a set of Red Santa Hats, Mocha Reindeers, White Angels. Each wooden decoration set includes three large and two small sizes or available as mixed packs of 20, 50 and 70 pieces – suited to your Christmas Tree decorating style.
Apart from our unique dowel prong decorations, we also have traditional hanging baubles available to order as well.
Hold on, your tree isn’t complete just yet! It isn’t a Christmas tree without an angel perched up at the top. Finish off your beloved Christmas Tree with our Tree Top Angel with its clean and crisp minimalist design. If angels aren’t your thing, we’ve also got an adorable Tree Top Star in a refreshing lemon shade.
These decorations also work well as an awesome gift for your friends and family. Whether you like your Christmas Tree lined up or splayed apart, the wooden decorations are a sure-fire way to embellish your tree just in time for the festive season.
Recently we were asked by a customer to share some tips on plywood care for our Christmas Tree. We leave most of our timber products unfinished for a gorgeous raw and natural aesthetic. Raw timber develops character over time and ages beautifully if treated with the right care. However you do need to be mindful when it comes to care and maintenance.
Please take note of the our tips in order to keep your timber looking fab and in it’s best condition.
Tips for care & maintenance:
- Avoid leaving the timber in direct sunlight for long periods, as exposure will slowly tan the timber over time. Our products are suited to UV filtered light. In order to maintain the plywood in it’s natural original tone, you may want to consider applying a UV timber finish.
- Be mindful of moisture and exposure to the elements. When not in use, store the product in a dry, cool place.
- Natural oils will stain the plywood, e.g. Blu-Tack, oily/moisturised hands, foods, flowers etc.
- Be cautious with the raw timber around liquids. Do not leave spills to sit on the surface. Any spilt liquids will leave a watermark. Use a dry cloth to absorb spills immediately.
- Our products require minimal cleaning – the only maintenance required is dusting. Use a dry dusting cloth to remove dust and dirt.
- Avoid contact with heat and take care when placing abrasive objects on the timber.
- If any scratches or nicks appear, gently sand the area with a fine grit sandpaper.
- You can lightly sand the surfaces with a fine grit sandpaper to refresh the timber’s appearance. This should be done minimally, e.g. once every couple of years.
Our recommended finishes:
If you would like a more finished look you may add a finish to the timber. We recommend the following products which are available from your local hardware store:
- Intergram Exterior UltraClear UV Timber Finish in Satin
Please note that when you are applying a wax or satin, it will enhance the wood a shade darker.
We do not recommend applying a lacquer finish to our products as it will marginally increase the thickness of the wood and therefore may affect how certain elements of the product interact.
- Whitewashing (diluted white paint), for a faded washed out look
- Coloured timber stains (water based only)
- Linseed Oil, for an enriched warmer look
*Always conduct a test patch on a separate piece of timber to ensure you are happy with the desired effect.
If finishing a product with multiple parts (e.g. the One Two Tree or My Treasure Board), each part will need to be treated individually. Allow adequate time for drying/curing before reassembling the product.
We recommend and encourage the use of water-based finishes, products that are non-toxic and are free of harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Always check the materials and safety data sheet (MSDS) for detailed information on any hazardous chemicals present.
If you’re loving the decorations you see in the picture above well so do we. So much so we are now stocking the Crystal Pyramid Poms online in our shop right now for you to purchase.
Made by the talented artistic duo Dear Plastic they come in a DIY pack of four with easy to follow instructions and beautiful twine string to hang them straight onto your One Two Tree.
We discovered Dear Plastic online and instantly fell in love with their colourful creative ways. Handmade with a watercolor finish each POM is truly captivating and so vibrant and they truly complement our One Two Tree.
We asked Yumi and Taki from Dear Plastic five quick questions
1. How did Dear Plastic form? Dear Plastic started organically. Just the two of us creating and developing ideas together and making things for friends. I guess 3 years ago we decided that we wanted to develop it further and work on our ideas full time.
2. Is this a full time career for you both? Yes.
3. How does sustainability and the environment play a role in your work? The environment and nature is a big influence on our work. We both have a strong connection with Shinto belief and the idea that everything has a Spirit or God. This respect for everything around us leads to sustainable ideas. I guess that keeps us always thinking of ways of creating ideas that have the least impact on the environment.
4. What does POM stand for? POM is the sound of fireworks exploding in Japanese! Our POM’s turn from 2D to 3D over and over again by pulling a string and we think it similar to fireworks going off!
5. What’s next for dear plastic, new products? exhibitions? We are working on a window installation for Pieces of Eight gallery in Melbourne at the moment. That will open on the 3rd of Dec. We will have a stall at the upcoming Markit at Fed Square in Melbourne and then at Finders Keepers in Sydney. We’re really interested in collaborating and working on larger spaces for installations.
We hope you like them as much as we do.
Here we have a lovely minimalist look with our One Two Tree slightly open from it’s flat facing stand. We found these lovely metal swing tags! We thought how nice it would be to write the names of our family members on each one. If you were thinking how can you DIY this look yourself, try finding some beautiful coloured paper cards. Then make a similar swing tag template then hand cut them to size. Hole punch and thread a contrast ribbon through and voila! So easy.
One Two Tree is not only quick and easy to assemble, its design is versatile. Meaning you could essentially update your One Two Tree look daily, weekly and most certainly yearly. We hope our inspirational story board will help excite you with your One Two Tree styling this Christmas.
Tips for tree styling:
A handy tip before you start styling/shaping your tree is to loosen the top screw by half a turn or so making the branches easier to rotate. This way they are much easier to move and can be easily spun and positioned into your desired form. Once your design is finalised then tighten the real pokies online top screw which will more securely hold your tree into position.
Another tip when tree styling is not to forget about rotating your small spacer blocks in between your branches. Sometimes we line ours up with the bigger branches for a more uniform look or maybe we might offset them with the bigger branches for contrast and form. The possibilities are plenty.
Just a little FYI update! One Two tree was designed with sustainable ethics in mind. We contacted an industrial designer first up to help us tweak our design so we could cut the most amount of trees without wasting an inch of plywood. Our Trees are CNC routed for a perfectly cut finish by our exclusive craftsmen Neil. He then carefully hand bevels the edge of each individual piece to ensure they are of the highest quality standard. The trees are then carefully packed into our recyclable environmentally friendly boxes. They are packed along with all the instructions and hardware ready to be wrapped up and shipped to you.